Spotware Systems is looking for an experienced Database developer. You will be responsible for designing and implementing software/hardware solutions for database systems to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance required by our business systems. You will be required to deal with complex data models and object relational database mapping, while producing complex reports. You will be providing support and assistance to the development team in the design, development, testing, tuning and implementation of database applications. You will also be actively participating in the product development and decision making.
- Ability to design and implement complex algorithms with simple and effective steps and tools.
- Intuitive understanding of dataflows and background computing involved in data processing.
- Good knowledge of SQL and PLPGSQL
- Good understanding of SQL execution plans and ways to tweak them.
- Good knowledge of Linux, bash and scripting in general.
- 2+ years of experience in database administration and/or development.
- Some programming background will be a plus.
- Basic operating knowledge of PostgreSQL DB
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, security issues, etc.
- Good knowledge of PostgreSQL backup and recovery (WAL Archiving, Point-in-Time Recovery).
- Experience in database deployment.
- Basic knowledge in FX market domain.
- Advanced English
- Design, development and administration of PostgreSQL databases.
- Performance monitoring, reporting, and tuning of PostgreSQL databases.
- Creation and maintenance of SQL queries and routines.
- Management and maintenance of backups & recovery procedures.
- Reviewing and tuning SQL and PLPGSQL code.
- Designing database packages and procedures.
- Installation and maintenance of database server, replication and client environments.
- Security and access control.
- Provisioning of (database) development and testing environments.
- Competitive remuneration
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Full relocation support, including work permit matters
- Relocation bonus ( if applicable)
- Private Health insurance for you and your immediate family members as of 1st day of employment
- Friendly working environment, corporate events
- Fully equipped office with fruits and snacks
Apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this position